posted on April 04, 2020 15:09
Is Christ Calling you to be Assumption's next Youth Minister?
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish is a parish of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, located in O’Fallon, MO. It is a large and vibrant parish of over 3300 families.
This full-time position undertakes the challenge of organizing and coordinating the youth ministry efforts of Assumption parish so that high school and junior high parishioners are given every opportunity to experience the life-changing power of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Collaboration will be expected with a variety of staff and parishioners.
The Coordinator of Youth Ministry should:
Be an active, committed, faith filled Roman Catholic
Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith and adhere to all teachings of the Catholic Church
Possess and maintain appropriate boundaries with minors
Be able to teach and share the Catholic Faith
Have leadership experience with youth and possess strong organizational skills
Have the skills needed to manage a budget
Possess a Bachelor’s degree
Previous experience working with youth is preferred
Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Lead, coordinate, and promote the Youth Ministry Program as a part of the Assumption Parish family.
- Collaborate with the youth, parents, pastor, associates, parish staff, and team of young adult volunteers to assess the existing programs and direct future youth ministry programming.
- Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office to maintain an awareness and possible participation of Archdiocesan resources, programs, and guidelines.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist the Youth Ministry Program.
- Participate in professional development and continuing education programs.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge off trends and resources in youth ministry.
- Invite, gather, and lead the regularly planned programs (Sunday Life Nights, Wednesday evening, Tuesday afternoons with the middle school, etc.).
- Work with the DRE to plan all Confirmation events.
- Work with the School and PSR principals to reach out to middle school students.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Be present and speak at every 5:30pm Mass on Sundays.
- Recruit the teens to fill ministry needs at the 5:30pm Sunday Mass.
- Plan and execute Life Nights after every 5:30pm Sunday Mass.
- Plan and execute weekly Wednesday Night Prayer Group at 7:00pm.
- Promote and execute an annual Winter Retreat
- Promote and execute an annual Luke 18 retreat.
- Promote and lead summer program opportunities (CHWC, Steubenville, etc.).
- Promote and lead the annual trip to Washington DC for the March for Life.
- Be accessible during the week to provide opportunities and appropriate settings for the youth to come for discussion of current events and/or personal crises.
- Coordinate and execute the annual Big Board Fundraiser.
- Pursue opportunities to weekly be present to the parish’s middle school aged students.
- Maintain close contact with students, parents, administrators, and campus ministers of area high schools
- Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communications with high school students and middle school youth, utilizing various means of communication.·
- Establish and maintain regular communication with the entire parish regarding the youth ministry program
- Maintain a high visibility in the Assumption day school and PSR programs.
- Attend activities of the youth of the parish.
- Prepare, develop and manage an annual budget
- Account for all youth ministry expenses.
- Organize and manage fundraising.
Assumption Parish offers a competitive salary based on years of experience and educational formation. In addition, we offer health insurance, dental insurance, as well as a retirement plan. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will have appropriate office space and all essential materials provided by the parish.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to Fr. Patrick Russell at PatrickPRussell@archstl.org or call 636-240-3721, ext. 239.
403 N Main St.
OFallon, MO 63366