posted on April 04, 2020 15:09
Is Christ Calling YOU to work at Assumption?
Current Open Position:
For details, visit the individual job pages or scroll here:
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary parish is a parish of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, located in O’Fallon, MO. It is a large and vibrant parish of over 3300 families.
Business Manager - Position Summary:
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish and School in O’Fallon, MO is seeking a full time Business Manager. This position is an administrator in support of the Pastor’s responsibilities to the parish and a steward of the physical, financial and personnel resources of the parish.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records and establishes a responsible cash flow management system
• Prepares, administers and reviews budget process in collaboration with finance and other commissions, subject to review and/or approval by Parish Council, as required
• Acts as liaison between the parish and the archdiocese in financial matters
• Maximizes cash management resources
• Coordinates and reviews parish organizations’ funds
• Establishes and maintains employee evaluation process
• Administers salaries and benefits programs
• Supervises parish secretary, clerical aides, financial staff and maintenance staff
• Participates in the hiring and termination policies of the parish in collaboration with the Pastor.
• Directs the management of the parish office
• Oversees the management of the parish records.
• Coordinates parish liability and property insurance, workers’ compensation with archdiocesan general insurance program
• Maintains all cemetery records.
• Maintains good working relationships, effective communications between parish community, various groups and outside authorities
• Attends all pastoral staff meetings and finance council meetings along with other parish meetings as necessary.
• Attends all archdiocesan meetings, as necessary, representing the parish and the Pastor
• Consults with and advises Pastor and Principal on business and administrative matters that affect the parish and school
Facilities Management Responsibilities
• Supervises any major construction, improvement or repair
• Solicits and reviews bids and quotes and negotiates contracts
• Establishes and monitors preventive maintenance programs for all properties
• Maintains security of property (Key files, etc.)
Knowledge & Experience Requirement:
• College degree desired (preferred in Business, Accounting, or related field) and/or five to ten (5-10) years business experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Previous supervisory experience required
Skills & Attitudes Required for Success in Job:
• General knowledge and support of the Catholic Church, Catholic sacraments, Catholic rites and liturgies
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Must have good organizational skills
• Must have good record keeping skills
• Must have good facilitation skills
• Must have ability to manage
• Must have ability to present themselves professionally
• Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
• Must have ability to prioritize and to be flexible
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, and Quickbooks
• Must be able to work well with Pastor and other department heads
• Handle Parish personnel issues
• Work with finance council, parish council and other parish organizations
• Work well with outside contractors and vendors
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to:
403 N Main St.
OFallon, MO 63366